Wednesday and Thursday, April 25 and 26

No doubt the woeful silence in this arena can be attributed to the finishing, even just this morning, of my senior thesis, the alluringly titled "The Aristocratic Egalitarian:  Gregory of Nazianzus and the Nature of Rich and Poor in the Fourth Century Episcopate".  This piece, soon to be turned in and soon, no doubt, to be published and raved on about endlessly, will assuredly be available not only from the learned shelves of Amazon.com, but most likely in airport "bookstores" and even in the check-out aisles of cultured grocery stores.  If you would like a signed copy, these will be obtainable via the comment box.  I'll charge for shipping of course.  All rights reserved.

That being said, each of the two previous evenings have ended, unsurprisingly, with bourbon.  Wednesday saw a quiet sipping of Black Maple Hill, and Thursday a greedy gulping down of Evan Williams.  The former, of course, much better than the latter, but "the last shall be first" and "the first shall be last," thus I advise you to aim somewhere for the middle:  they'll be those upon entering the queue of the kingdom of heaven who won't have to switch places at all.  Which is a pleasant thought, I think, because I picture the whole affair to be rather stressful.

3 comments:

  1. Please let me know when the DVD hits Netflix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you send me a copy of your thesis? I'd love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure. It's but an undergrad thesis - nothing too long (or smart). Send me your mailing address. I won't send electronic copies mostly because I hate reading electronic copies. benjDOThansenAThotmailDOTCOM

    ReplyDelete